Stuff that caught my eye in the past few days:
- A Colt presentation regarding plastic shell casings (HT David Hardy). Not sure if they’re really the equal of brass in every way but weight, but if so, they sure would’ve been nice to have when I was lugging 7-10 M-16 mags around the Iraqi desert.
- Volokh explains religious accommodation law WRT Muslims. I wonder if any religious groups are regretting their initial support for such laws.
- Anonymous goes up against Amazon.com, and loses (HT Megan McArdle). I found this snickerworthy.
- Roger Alford reminds us that the Pentagon Papers case was about prior restraints, not post-publication prosecution. Having skimmed the opinions in that case, I’m not sure I share Alford’s conclusion that a “majority” of the Court would’ve sustained such prosecutions, but at least four of the justices (White, Stewart, Marshall, and Blackmun) do appear to have been sympathetic towards them.
- America’s Finest News Source regarding Elena Kagan, Jan Brewer, Terry Jones, & Glenn Beck.